Monday, September 21, 2009

BRUTAL EXPECTATIONS

Sunita: - Daddy! Daddy! Do you know what happened today?

Arindam: - What happened, my sweet little child?

Sunita: - Today, we have received the final mark sheets of class VI. You know that “Ramesh”, the youngest son of “Viren” uncle, naah…?

Arindam: - Ya Ya, but what happened, you tell me naah?

Sunita: - Ramesh’s brain collapsed today, after hearing that he stood second in the class VI. He has been admitted in the “Yasodha Mental Hospital” for treatment. Our teacher was saying that, he was suffering from huge mental pressure for not securing the 1st position in any of the exams. He tried his level best, but he always used to come 2nd. “Madhubanti” have always retained her 1st position in the class.

Arindam: - What is so special about becoming 1st and 2nd, I don’t know. Come; let us go to that hospital.

Sunita: - Actually, Daddy, this “Viren” uncle always scolded him, for not securing the 1st position, there is always a huge pressure from his family, to become the 1st boy in the class.

They both reached the hospital, where “Arindam” saw “Viren” sitting there on the bench.

Arindam: - So, what are you up to now?

Viren: - Maybe, my son is not fit for studies. See, by studying only these syllabuses, his brain has collapsed. Doctor is saying, if I give him more pressure now, he can become mad also. There can be no expectation from him.

Arindam: - Chup kar, saala hyaramjyada, what expectation? This is a “Brutal Expectation”,that you want from your son. You want him to secure 1st position in the class. Saaley, khud kabhi class pe 1st aaya tha… class VI pe ek saal fail kiya tuney, phir class X, ke pre-test pe fail ho gaya tha tu… saaala mujhsey do saal baraah hai tu, phir bhi mere saath tuney secondary exam pass kiya… aaj itna fail honey ke baad bhi… you are one of the best Senior Managers of State Bank Of India. Now, tell me, where is your school level ranking is counting on your career? Does anybody questions you, why you have failed in class VI and class X?

Viren: - Ya, actually, it was my fault. His mother belongs to a very educated family, and you know, my wife “Sarika” is a Head Mistress of a reputed school. That is why; she also gives too much pressure, to maintain her status, that her son is a brilliant student. As per her concepts, if a child of a Head Mistress does not secure the 1st position in the class, then it is a shame for her as a teacher.

Arindam: - Abbey, “Sarika” bhabhi aur uski status ki 108. Your child is still safe now, as per doctor’s statement. Go for some vacation, and don’t pressurize him anymore, in his studies. Today, you are a good manager, because whatever you have learnt, you have learnt by your own, in a very independent way. Nobody forced you to learn Commerce, finance or become a great Senior Manager. You selected your domain, skills and career on your own, that is why you are so successful. But, you are still pressurizing your child, to do this and that.

Sunita: - Yes, uncle, this is a “Brutal Expectation.In that respect, my “Daddy” is the best. Do you know why? He has never forced me to become the No.1. She rather asks me about my interests. Once, I told him, that I love painting. He gave me all the color boxes and Drawing copies. As a net result, you will be glad to know that, I secured the 3rd position in “All India Painting Competition” held in Delhi, this year, for the students, under class VII. So, ultimately, who is happy, it is my sweet “Daddy”, because he never had that “Brutal Expectations”on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment