Thursday, September 3, 2009

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY

Arindam: - Hey, Nidhi, dear...why are you looking so serious today? What happened?

Nidhi: - Oh! Don’t tell me, Arindam uncle, I am so tensed. On 5th September 2009, I have to perform elocution in English in front of all the school teachers. Have you ever participated in any elocution competition?

Arindam: - Ya, of course, for one or two times as a representative of Yellow House in our Julien Day School. So, on 5th September 2009, there is Inter-House Elocution Competition in your school?

Nidhi: - No, Arindam uncle, tum kitna buddhu ho, chacha…you don’t know that on 5th September 2009, it is the Teacher’s Day.

Suraj: - He he he…Arindam uncle…chee chee shame on you. You don’t know when is the teacher’s day? Didi is preparing for that event only.

Arindam: - Ok; now I am asking you a question. Just answer me. Why on 5th September, the Teacher’s Day is celebrated?

Suraj: - Now, what kind of question is this? It is just celebrated.

Arindam: - See the fun; you little students don’t know why the Teacher’s Day is celebrated? 5th September is the birthday of our respected Sir Sarbapalli Radhakrishnan.

Nidhi: - Arindam uncle, when you were a student, have you people celebrated the Teacher’s Day?

Arindam: - of course; yes. But I was never in charge of collecting money. The class monitors used to collect all the money from the students. I was there to buy the snacks, cold drinks and balloons, where it was printed ‘HAPPY TEACHER’S DAY’.

Suraj: - He he he…I also do that…I never take the charge of class monitor, but I am the leader of the class…he he he….I am also smart like you, Arindam uncle.

Arindam: - Aah, you people are making me nostalgic. You know something, no matter wherever you are; you cannot forget your school days. School days are the best memorable days of your life. That was the time, when there was no pressure on you. You were like a free bird flying in your world of fantasy, but the teachers will be guiding you in the right track. Always remember, after your parents, it is your school teachers who shape up your entire personality.

Nidhi: - but, uncle, all teachers are not good. Nowadays, many people are getting the jobs of teaching by bribing the school authorities. But, they are not good at teaching. But, yes, uncle, it is true that whatever we learn from our teachers, we can never forget that in our life. But, our school does not have any painting teacher like Aamir Khan was in ‘Taare Zameen Par’ film. That is the real tragedy.

Arindam: - You know, in our school, all the teachers were like friends to us. They were not like Hitler. They used to read our minds, before teaching us any subject and that really worked, because, if you know the nature and psychology of a student, it becomes very easy to teach that student.

Suraj: - Arindam uncle, what can be the most precious gift for a teacher?

Arindam: - You gift your teacher a Kohinoor diamond, he or she will be very happy. Now, what is this Kohinoor Diamond? It is your character only. If after several years, you can go and stand in front of your school teacher and say, “Dear teacher, today I am a successful and good human being, because of the knowledge and teaching you have imparted to me”. The teacher will surely say, “Aah, I devoted my entire career to make good social human beings. Today, I think that I have got my reward by seeing you as a successful and good human being. You have made your teacher proud. That is what a teacher wants as a lifetime achievement award”. Hey Suraj, I have got a complaint from bhabhi that you are nowadays drinking alcohol. You are in class VIII only. Now, don’t dare to drink ‘Teachers’ whisky on 5th September 2009. I wish both of you a very “HAPPY TEACHER’S DAY”.

No comments:

Post a Comment